Growing the leadership pool
Although, as raised by so many women in this feature, and even more in our following e-book, the issue of gender equality and equity should be embedded in our personal and business culture,
it is still amazing to stop once a year and celebrate what has been achieved, while addressing ways to improve.
A big thank you to all the women who provided comment. Make sure you look out for our Women’s Month E-Book, containing many more articles on the subject. In the words of Percy Sledge: “This is a man’s world, but it is nothing without a woman”.
Let’s make it a people’s world.
Enjoy the read, Tony.
- The funeral feeding frenzy – beware the dark side of SA’s death sector Liezel Gordon, Client Engagement Team Lead at Metropolitan GetUp
- Understanding gap cover and how to identify what suits you best
Michael Emery, Ambledown Financial Services Marketing Executive
- Three key imperatives for the modern CFO Ignatius Richards, Business Manager: Financial Planning and Analysis at Decision Inc
- South African Reserve Bank sights firmly set on crypto regulation
- Enabling sustainable practices in the new regulatory environment
- Planning for the Professional Farzana Botha, Segment Solutions Manager, Sanlam
- Income protection insurance: Why providers’ future success depends on flexibility Clyde Parsons, BrightRock, Chief Innovation Officer
- The profound impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on vehicle insurance in SA Netstar
- How event organisers can prepare for unforeseen risks Bertus Visser, CEO of PSG Insure Distribution
- South Africa: Recourse for employees who are injured as a result of vaccinations.
Talita Laubscher, a partner at Bowmans office of Employment & Benefits Practice in Johannesburg, and Melissa Cogger, a senior associate at Cape Town office of Employment and Benefits practice.
- #WEF2022 and spotlight on climate change: Are we doing enough? Garth Napier, MD of Old Mutual Insure
- How can businesses prepare for civil unrest incidents?
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS)
- Insurance Commission price-fixing: An ignominious and damaging failure
Dr. Brian Benfield is a retired professor, Department of Economics, University of the Witwatersrand writing for the Free Market Foundation.
- The changing and challenging nature of cyber risk Spiros Fatouros, Marsh Africa CEO
- A multi-pronged approach is needed to mitigate cybercrime risk Richard Eales, Managing Executive at Guardrisk Insurance
- Claims mitigation strategies can lead to ‘ultimate’ customer service Wimpie van Der Merwe, CEO, Global Choices
- Creating opportunity with personalised service Rochelle De Lucia – Partner: Sales and Distribution at King Price
- Women in the engineering insurance industry Mirabilis
- The liberation and empowerment of women
Sungeetha Sewpersad, Old Mutual Insure Human Capital Executive
- Preparing for the workplace of the future Tarina Vlok, MD: Elite Risk, a subsidiary of Old Mutual Insure
- Getting a seat, and voice, at the table
Jeanette Marais, CEO at Momentum Investments and Deputy CEO of Momentum Metropolitan Holdings
- More work is needed for an equitable society
Noluthando Ngqandu – Head of Claims Procurement, Assessing & Salvage at Bryte Insurance
- It all starts at home Antionette Shand from Lombard Insurance
- Steps to rectify gender inequality in SA insurance sector to be ’meaningful and measurable Thato Monaheng, Liability Underwriter at SHA Risk Specialists
- Gender Equality – It is about a fundamental shift in the society Pat Semenya, IRMSA CEO
- Diepsloot based anti-gbvf programme showing green shoots Seugnette van Wyngaard, Head of 1st for Women.
- We’ve come a long way, but women still face gender discrimination Thokozile Mahlangu, Chief Executive Officer of the Insurance Institute of South Africa (IISA)
- Five financial lessons for women Tamryn Lamb, head of retail distribution at Allan Gray
- Holistic Financial Planning tips for Women
Kresantha Pillay, Chief Specialist for Lifestyle Protector products at Liberty